Comment on page
Setup Entity Map
Maplytics entity map is defined differently for different entities. We can classify the entities in CRM as an activity type and non-activity type. Please see the below mentioned description for the same:
- Non-Activity Type Entity: For these types of entities, there are two ways to build the entity map.
- 1.An entity with its own address attribute: We take the address information from the field attributes defined in ‘Attribute Mapping’ section. Examples of these types of entities are; Accounts, Leads, Contact, etc.
- 2.An entity without own address attribute: These are linked entities like an opportunity, case, etc. that do not have their own address but are linked to account or contact. Please use ‘Link To’ field while defining an entity map for these kinds of entities.
- Activity Type Entity: As OOB Activity type of entities, generally do not have their address of their own, we have provided the respective entity maps which helps to plot the entity records based on the default value “regarding” provided for the field ‘Link To’. As due to the regarding id the addresses can be fetched from multiple entities, we have made the section of attribute mapping section for addresses unavailable by default. Examples of these types of entities are; Appointment, Task, etc. For such entities, there are further two ways to build the entity map:
- 1.An entity with own address attribute: If an Activity entity has its own address on the basis of which the records are needed to be plotted, the user can remove the default value provided for the field ‘Link To’. This will make the ‘attribute mapping’ section for addresses available, into which the user can provide the address fields of the Activity entity. We take the address information from the field attributes defined in ‘Attribute Mapping’ section to plot the records on the map.
- 2.An entity without own address attribute: If the Activity entity do not have their own address but are linked to any other entity, please use ‘Link To’ field while defining entity map to get the records plotted with the linked entity addresses.
To plot Map for any entity, first you have to create the entity map for that entity. Navigate to Settings > Entity Maps > New