Clicking on the Heat Map command button will bring up the Heat Map Screen.
- Select Datasource: This option helps the user to choose the Entity and view combination to analyze the data.
- Select Measure: This helps the user to define the aggregation method to be used to color code the region. By default, it is based on number of records (i.e. ‘By Count’). The user can change this to any other field attribute from the drop-down. Dropdown contains the list of all numeric and currency fields.
- Select Category: This option helps the user to filter data. The user can modify the search result using selection in the Category option.
- Select Region Type: This option helps the user to define the geography level for aggregation. The user can choose any option from the drop-down:
- PostalCode: The smallest postcode category, such as a zip code.
- PostCode Sector: The second ‘1’ is called “Postcode Sector”. Example: CA1
- PostCode(Outward Code): This is called Outward Code, the part of the postcode before the single space in the middle. Example: CA1
- PostalCode Areas: The next largest postcode category after Postcode1 that is created by aggregating Postcode1 areas.
- Territory: This option will use the Sales Territory defined in Dynamics CRM.
The default option is to summarize the addresses by City. You can find the default settings on the Maplytics Configuration record for the individual user as shown below: